Things I Love 7.11
1. I think it’s safe to say that the Kate Spade suede wedge-pump is smokin’ in fuschia, and I just made the decision it could be a killer winter favorite. Can you imagine what it’d look like with tights?
2. Twitter is a powerful tool. 140-character updates to explain, impart and exchange with complete strangers who end up becoming your friends. All another affirmation that the world is oh, so flat. We are all connected. Feel free to chat with me, here.
3. If you somehow missed the biggest music news this side of Europe, I’ll give you the lowdown. Spotify has revolutionized how I listen to music and will for you, too. You can have a free account much like Pandora (but without the stations and quite as many commercial interruptions) or you can choose to purchase the Premium option and stream all of your music to devices like your iPhone. Unbelievable, right? You can share playlists, build your own and then wonder where the time went. Seriously, it could be the best 10 bucks I ever spend.
4. This month, I’ve been craving hippie-styled artists. I’m a fan of a wide variety of music flavors but lately, it’s been music by Alexander of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and Devendra Banhart. Go. Listen. Favorite tracks by Alexander include Truth and Remember Our Heart- they’re sure to get your beat-foot bouncin’.
5. ‘C’ is for creativity. The American scientist and inventor, Edwin Land put it right when he said, ‘An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.’ This month I’ve spent time analyzing the creative process. I notice it’s in those moments when insecurities are put aside that creativity spews. How is your creative process?
6. So it’s apparent that I’ve visited Kate Spade a few times this month. Since I’m in need of some fancy sunglasses I was drawn to the Chantal pair. Slightly more modern than the Audrey. Thin frame. I say, adaptable to any outfit. Done.