Things I Love 5.11
1. Lately, I’ve been gulping down my cousin’s recipe for organic, homemade lemonade. Recipe: squeeze 1 large lemon into a mason jar, fill the rest with cold water, add a few drops of honey and raw Stevia extract. Delicious.
2. I know it’s an old cover of Harper’s Bazaar but I love the whole mood. This particular shade of blue/gray also warms my heart.
3. I saw Hanna last weekend and rather enjoyed it. I’m not usually into the power-hungry thrillers but I think it was the soundtrack that had me convinced. Seriously, Chemical Brothers nailed it.
4. When I walked through Dillard’s last week I stumbled upon a few pairs of retro-themed Steve Madden shoes that had me swooning. My favs of the easy-to-love designer are the platform pump in gray and 1960s-esqe bow sandal in red.
5. I once did a photo shoot where the makeup artist used MAC Purposefully Red Lip Marker. I was skeptical at first but with its surprsingly good smell and vibrant, sustaining color, I couldn’t deny that I became a fan. (If you choose red, prepare yourself for bright color.) Also, I’m not sure if it’s available through the MAC site but it definitely comes up via Google.
6. I doubt I’d drop the $95 on this Kate Spade elephant belt but I can say I’d love to have something similar in burnt orange.
7. Today during my search for new fonts, I found one that, although not available to the public, is completely first-class. Ladies and gentleman, meet Copan.